Asia AI News 30 July 2019 – Media coverage continues on the fortunes of STAR Market and the future of SoftBank’s Vision 2 Fund. CEO Masayoshi Son disclosed $2 billion of investment in ride-hailing app Grab’s Indonesian business, following a meeting with the Indonesian President Joko Widodo.
Over on Shanghai’s tech stocks board, STAR Market, investors seem a little put off by the newly introduced limit of 20 percent on daily gains or losses.
Startups, investment firms and other organisations featured in today’s newsletter:
- Asia Capital and Advisors (Singapore)
- Chang’an (China)
- Edusuite (The Philippines)
- Eight Roads Capital (United Kingdom)
- Lowy Institute (Australia)
- Manila Angel Investors Network (The Philippines)
- Smartly (Singapore)
- SoftBank Group (Japan)
- STAR Market (China)
- StashAway (Singapore)
- Visit Health Pvt Ltd. (India)